Mumbai, Meri Jaan
Mumbai, Meri Jaan
There are some creative inspirations, which make us move mountains to make them come alive! One such design which takes place of pride in our heart and mind has nostalgia as its running theme.
When Jeeva had approached us, it was peak covid times, because of which she and her sisters were missing their parents, who were in Kuwait. They were especially missing their mom, as she was going to be turning 70 that year.
Thus, we stepped in once again to “save a birthday,” with our exquisite and uniquely original sarees!
Among many things that her mom liked, one that stood out for us was that she was born in Mumbai and that the city made her most happy, as her childhood was spent there. That was the eureka moment for us because we decided to bring her a piece of her childhood to her, on a saree, for her lockdown birthday.
After many hours spent on the drawing board, we decided to capture her favourite spot, next to the iconic Gateway of India, as the special art on her saree. Once Jeeva approved the idea, we then went on to finalize the material. We decided to go ahead with an off-white, light Katan Silk, as her mother didn’t like wearing heavy materials and also the work on the saree would be heavy anyway. Therefore, Jeeva gave us the green signal to go ahead with the material and we started to prep.
The journey of this saree will be etched in our minds for years to come. It was truly a laborious process of passion and dedication to finesse!
Once the sketch was drawn, it was then translated on the saree meticulously and then came the intricate embroidery work. Our artisans spent four months on this piece of art, dedicatedly ensuring that each brick’s shade was captured perfectly, checking several pictures of the stones to get the shades correct, since with time the stones had changed their colours due to the impact of weather! Post that, the saree was then sent for its final touch of painting, making the sea and the boats come alive!
Finally, after 137 days, the glorious pièce de résistance was ready!
The cherry on the top was when, Jeeva announced it as a “masterpiece". It made our day.
Presenting to you, our BaaroHaath Original CITY LANES AND TALES Collection Saree, Embroidered and Hand Painted, on Katan Silk.
So, LET’S BESPOKE!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know a little about yourself, your likes and maybe the occasion you want it for, and we will get back to you with a design of your choice
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
- If you want an order cancellation, kindly cancel before it is shipped. Shipping charges are non-refundable once the order is dispatched.
- Please request your order cancellation via email@example.com using the headline “Please cancel my order ID : ”
- Incase you have received the product in an unusable condition or if the packaging is damaged, please refuse the package. Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning your Order ID. The replacement will be issued to you at no additional cost.
- Shipping and COD charges are non-refundable. Since Deraj doesn’t charge any additional shipping charges, a standard 150 Rs will be deducted per order of 1 kg weight
- Raise your return request within 7 days of receiving the shipment via the email id email@example.com. If you receive any defective product, do contact us immediately by mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your Order ID and send us a snapshot of the defect. We will either provide you a credit note or refund the amount of the product. But we would also like to request, that Deraj being a start-up, so please request a refund only if the product is really not up to the mark. And remember to return the items in its original condition.
- The shipping charges for sending the products back has to be borne by the customer.
- Once we have received the products a quality check would be done by our team and if the item has not been worn by the customer, we would refund the amount paid
- The amount refunded to you would be only for the products not the shipping charges,
- If you do opt for a credit note, you cannot encash it later. We will not have any limits on the timeline of the credit note
- In case we do not have pick up service available at your location, you would have to self-ship the product. A maximum of 150 INR would be given to you as a credit note for reverse shipping.
- We unfortunately do not have an exchange policy for international customers.
- Raise an exchange request within 7 days of receiving the product. Once we have it with us, we will email you the time for replacement or if it can be replaced at all. Since most of our products are single items and handmade, we might not be able to, in which case we will cancel.
- You can raise your exchange request through email. Mail us at email@example.com . You will receive an approval mail from us within 48 working hours if the request is accepted
- A pick up would be arranged and a label would be sent to you via email which needs to be attached on the package for reverse pick up
- Please make sure that the original packing is intact when the product is picked up.
- No return and exchange request would be accepted if request is raised after 10 days of receiving the shipment. In case of exceptional situations please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You would be notified by us, once we receive your shipment.
- If we do not have pick up service available at your location, you would have to self-ship the product. A maximum of 150 INR would be given to you as a credit note for reverse shipping.
- Exchange would not be accepted if the product was customised for you.
- If you want to exchange the product you ordered for with another product of higher amount, we would give you a coupon code for the amount of the product you returned. You can use this code while placing order and pay the balance amount on your next purchase.
- If you want to exchange your product with another product of lower amount, we would ship the product as soon as we receive it and the balance would be refunded to you as a credit note, which can be used for your next purchase. In case you want a cash refund, it will be sent to you in 7 days
- Products bought during sale are non-refundable
NOTE FOR RETURN & EXCHANGE:
* The items should be unused and unwashed when returning
* The product should have the original packaging and tags in place. Items without the original tags will not be accepted. This includes the product authenticity tag if its attached.
* Customised products cannot be returned or exchanged
* Return/Exchange request that are not raised within 7 days of receiving the product would not be accepted.
* Products bought during sale are non-refundable unless damaged
- If unfortunately you have to cancel an order, please do so before your order is shipped.
- If you cancel your order before your product has been shipped, we will refund the entire amount
- Once we have received the products a quality check would be done by our team. Please make sure that the original product tag and packing is intact when you courier it back to us
- The amount refunded to you would be only for the products. Shipping charges are non-refundable
- If you receive any defective product, do contact us immediately by mailing us at email@example.com with your Order ID and send us a snapshot of the defect. We will either provide you a credit note or refund the amount of the defected product
- We unfortunately do not have an exchange policy for international customers at the moment.
When my sisters & I first wanted to gift our mother a special gift for her 70th birthday we had no clue what we really wanted. Then I thought of Deraj who do bespoke sari's. We asked them for ideas and finally they helped us stick to something close to my mom's heart, her childhood spent in Bombay. Needless to see, she was thrilled when we gave her the sari. The photos do no justice to the brilliant workmanship on this sari. The embroidery looks like a painting, the detailed neat work gives it that effect. A city is brought to life on this sari. Whenever my mom has worn it people have always admired the beautiful sari. I am so glad I went with the Derai team suggestions. I was pleasantly surprised with it and it definitely feels like a wearable piece of art.
Your order will be shipped within 4 to 5 business days.
Free Shipping across India.
International Shipping on Actual Weight
Hassle-Free ExchangesExchange policy
Raise an exchange request within 7 days of receiving the product for all orders within India.
For International orders, unfortunately you have to cancel an order, please do so before your order is shipped
For more details check our detailed policy https://deraj.shop/pages/return-and-exchange-policy